Mapping the Highways and Bridges
LJA Engineering is pre-certified by TxDOT (firm sequence #00000994) in the following work categories:
- 15.1.1 Right-of-way Surveys
- 15.1.2 Right-of-way Parcel Maps
- 15.1.3 Right-of-way Legal Description
- 15.1.4 Right-of-way Maps
- 15.2.1 Design and Construction Survey
- 15.4.1 Horizontal and Vertical Control for Aerial Mapping
Since 1998, LJA Engineering has been performing right-of-way as well as topographic design and construction surveying for the Texas Department of Transportation. Typical projects have consisted of highway right-of-way location and acquisition, topographic surveys for engineering design, Digital Terrain Modeling of bridges and overpasses, and establishing precise vertical and horizontal control for aerial mapping.
LJA Engineering has experience in the successful completion of numerous highway projects including:
- F.M. 365 at Spur 93 in Port Arthur
- U.S. 190 in Jasper County
- IH-10 College Street/Hollywood Street Overpass Project in Beaumont
- U.S Highway 287 in Wichita Falls
- F.M. 646 in Baytown
- S.H. 35 in Houston.
- U.S. 69 SPRR R.O.W. Corridor Project in Hardin and Tyler County
- U.S. Highway 59 in Lufkin
- IH-35 Corridor Project in Waco
With the addition of our laser scanning technology, crews can safety collect topograhic data of busy roadways and intersections. Bridge and roadway clearances can be accurately determined and mapped.
For large scale projects, LJA Engineering offers the client a number of options they can choose to help reduce project cost and scheduling including Aerial Photogrammerty, Aerial Lidar Mapping, Mobile 3D Laser Mapping and Terrestrial 3D Laser Scanning.